Suppose you live outside of Canada and are ask to provide a Canadian criminal background check (or Canadian Police Certificate). In that case, you may be concern that you cannot be fingerprint in Canada. Still nowadays, you can have your fingerprints taken overseas and present them to an accredited fingerprinting agency in Canada, like Notarizers, for digitization and uploading to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).

How to submit fingerprints from overseas?

  1. Get two sets of ink and roll fingerprints, as well as a third-party consent form for fingerprinting, from a fingerprinting agency or police station in your country of residence.

a. Two sets of Ink and roll fingerprints

A police station or agency in your country of residence should be capable of capturing two sets of ink and also roll fingerprints, each containing ten rolled and ten flat impressions. The fingerprints must be clean and clear enough to be digitize. Moisturizing the hands before having the prints taken may help make them clearer.

This form requires the signature and stamp of the police officer or fingerprint technician taking the prints and the date and also address where the prints were taken. Besides your full name, signature, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, and reason for obtaining fingerprints, the form must also state your full name, signature, date of birth, gender, and address.

b. Third party consent form with fingerprint

A third-party consent form must be complete if you wish to have your certified criminal background check sent to anyone other than your employer or Citizenship and Immigration Canada. One of your fingers must be imprinted on the form.

Notarizers can accept fingerprints on your behalf by using a third-party consent form, which authorizes us to receive a Criminal Record Check on your behalf. We will email you the results, and you can also receive the original by mail.

Please note that the RCMP will not offer you delivery tracking if you do not complete the third-party consent form. You may also not receive the results promptly or reliably if you don’t complete the form.

  1. To verify your identity, so you can visit a notary public, lawyer, or commissioner of oaths.

a. A certified copy of each of the following government identification documents is required

It is necessary to obtain certified (notarized) photocopies of two valid government-issued identification documents from a lawyer, notary public, or commissioner of oaths in the country where you intend to stay.

You must bring the originals of your identification to Ontario. The official seal should be use in conjunction with the date, signature, and stamp and also provide the address of the person stamping or certifying the photocopy.

b. Verify photograph

A professional photographer should take a passport-sized photo of you within the last six months. You must ensure that the photograph meets all the requirements. In addition, the back of the photograph must be signed and dated by a notary public, lawyer, or commissioner of oaths.

Fill out the information form and payment authorization.

a. You must provide your full name, date of birth, gender, address, email address, and why you need the criminal background check.

b. As part of the payment authorization form, you must also include your credit card information so that Notarizers can process your payment once it receives your application.

  1. Original documents should be sent by courier or mailed to Notarizers.

For further information on how to submit fingerprints from outside Canada, please contact Notarizers by email at or by phone at 416-782-5926. Victor Opara. Victor Nnamdi Opara. Opara Law PC. Notary Public. RCMP Accredited Fingerprinting Agent. FBI Accredited Fingerprinting. Vulnerable Sector Checks. RCMP C-216C. FBI FD-258, FD-1164. Identity History Summary Request. Pardons. Waivers. Police Clearance Certificate. Criminal Record Check. C.I.P.C. Check. CCDC Stamps Statutory Declaration 416-782-5926. Authentication and Legalization., in North York, Toronto, Etobicoke, Scarborough, Ajax, Markham, Woodbridge, Thornhill, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Mississauga, and Brampton.

Get to know more about our services:-

Statutory Declaration | Wills | Power of Attorney | Consent to Travel Letter | Consent to Travel | Commissioner of Oaths | Power of Attorney and Wills | Notary Public | Letter of Invitation | RCMP Police Clearance Certificate

By Team

Leave a Reply